How To Guest Post
Yes, I do accept guest posts
Got an idea for an article that would add value to Communicate [your] Skills? I’d love to hear about it! Please pitch me a guest post idea in line with the content on my site! (Review past posts to make sure yours is of a similar style).
Before you write and submit your post, please read the following:
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in Communicate [your] Skills as a reader or follower. Submissions with a “visit my site” or “check out my product” type feel will not be accepted. Likewise, submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Your guest post must be original content and never been published before on the Internet. You agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e. in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs).
- You will have your author byline and a short bio in the post with a link to your personal blog or web page, as well as 2-3 social network profiles like Twitter or Google+. You need to include a portrait photo of yourself. Posts without a photo of the author will not be published.
- The length of the guest posts should be somewhere between 400 and 800 words.
- I don’t accept any link exchange posts, or posts where you’re paid by a third party to include certain links.
- Link to the original source when you quote a person or refer to a survey. Only include highly relevant links, not for “further reading”.
- Links back to your own blog or site should be modest and fit the content of your post. If you include too many links, chances are low it will be published. Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice.
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me on the email email@example.com. Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as a .doc attachment. Do not format your text. Send it as a plain text document or as html.
You’ll hear from me!
I check and respond to all guest post submissions but it might take up to two weeks before I get back to you. This doesn’t mean I have rejected your post though, and even in case of rejection you should get an answer from me, explaining the reason.